If you have been wondering how to stop or avoid a Lupus flare up, I’ve got some great tips for you.
- Avoid direct sunlight whenever possible. Stay indoors during the day when the sun is hottest. (10 a.m-3 p.m) If you must go outside, be sure to wear protective gear such as wide brim hats, visors, light colored clothing, and really dope sunglasses.
- Avoid stress. Physical and mental stress are major Lupus triggers. So stay calm…and avoid stress. In other words, stay away from people and situations that will piss you off.
- Exercise. This one can be difficult for some who experience shortness of breath and/or joint pain and inflammation. But do your best to find activities to keep you active.
- Get plenty of rest. Many people may experience sleep problems, but you have to try hard to shut your overactive mind down and get some beauty sleep.
- Take your medications as prescribed. Set an alarm or if you need a reminder to take your meds on time. If your meds are causing side effects that are too difficult to handle, be sure to consult your doctor for alternatives.
- Avoid foods that cause inflammation. Things like dairy, sugar, grain fed meats, and bad fats are very likely to cause inflammation in your body. Stay away from them.
Follow the tips above and your body will surely thank you for it.
Please follow and like us: